Moving out is an exciting experience, but there are things to take care of before you can start living in your new home. One of those things is packing. If you wait too long and procrastinate, you could end up stressing more than you need to when it comes time for the move.
In this blog post, we’ll share the basic steps that will help make sure everything goes smoothly and without a hitch when it’s time to pack up and go!
Packing: A Week-By-Week Guide
6-8 Weeks: Cleaning & Deciding What You Need
These weeks are a great time to start cleaning and disposing of any items you don’t need anymore. Doing this will help make packing easier and reduce the amount of stuff you have to move.
It’s also a good time to start going through your belongings and decide what you want to take with you and what you’re willing to get rid of. You can follow these tips to make it easier for you:
- Clean your house so that you have a great place to start deciding what items you’ll take with you.
- Look at each room in your house and decide which items you’ll get rid of, and put them all together. The fewer items you’ll need to move, the more organized you’ll be.
5 Weeks: Dispose Or Sell Items You’ll Not Be Taking With You
Now that you know what you’re getting rid of, it’s time to get rid of it! You have a few options:
- Sell your items: This is a good way to make extra money and declutter your home simultaneously.
- Donate your items to charity: This is an excellent way to help others who need them.
- Throw away or recycle items you don’t want anymore: This is a great option if they’re in good condition, but you just no longer have any use for them. It’s also an environmentally friendly choice!
4 Weeks: Pick A Moving Company
The fourth week before your move is a great time to start looking for a moving company that will provide you with packing services in Dallas. This will help relieve some stress because it’ll be one less thing on your mind when the big day comes. You should:
- Get at least 3 quotes from different companies to determine which one is best for you.
- Look for online reviews online to know more about their customer service.
- Check for licensing.
2-3 Weeks: Start Packing
Now that you have your moving company booked, it’s time to get started on the packing. This is a good week for:
- Gather packing materials.
- Pack items by room.
- Pack away any items that aren’t used often, like winter clothing and decorations.
- Label boxes.
1 Week: The Last Steps
The last week before your move is a great time to finish up any packing you may have left, which are the items you use daily, like kitchen supplies, medication, some clothing, etc.
Avoid The Stress, Hire Professional Movers!
If some of these tasks sound too overwhelming on their own, don’t worry! You can always hire a professional moving company to help you take care of everything. If you’ve been asking google “where can I find movers near me?” We’re the best choice!
At Olympic Moving, we offer packing services in Fort Worth that will help you ensure that your move goes smoothly without any added stress. Feel free to contact us to know more about our services!
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OUR SERVICES!